Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is growing and is seeking a motivated and highly organized payroll administrator in the D.C. Metro area to join their team! The organization’s mission is to promote innovation in conservation and restoration through changing policies and institutions to conserve and restore jeopardized species nationwide. If you are looking for a position where you can help make a difference, this is the job for you.
The focus will be on cash receipts and monitoring cash flow, while performing other accounting duties.
Note: This is a hybrid position and seeking applicants in the DMV area
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Log, code, and enter weekly stock gifts, and ACH/wire gifts into the CRM database using the online banking system
- Do coding for Finance-related cash receipts
- Ensure that all cash receipts processed through the CRM database are exported from the CRM database and recorded into the accounting database monthly, working closely with the Controller and Marketing department
- Daily monitor all bank account activity
- Give a daily cash report for the CFO
- Provide reconciliation services for various revenue-related transactions, including receivables and deferred revenue
- Perform monthly reconciliations for all investment accounts
- Maintain electronic vendor W-9 files
- Keep an up-to-date list of active vendors
- Follow up on outstanding invoices and manage the invoicing process
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of relevant experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Personal interest in and commitment to the organization
- Ability to work independently and collaborative as needed
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders
- Ability to efficiently manage conflict.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to stay organized while having a keen eye for details
- Understanding of the relationships between accounts and subaccounts in the general ledger
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software, databases, spreadsheets, and a word-processing program
- Well-organized with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of how to handle confidential matters discreetly
- Vital research and data analysis skills
- Strong creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while managing deadlines on multiple project
- Microsoft Dynamics SL/GP or similar accounting database experience is a plus
- Revolution Online or similar CRM database experience is a plus
The client requires all employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Our client offers an excellent salary and benefits package.