Sr. Accounting Manager
Location: DC Metro Area
Our DC-based client is a dynamic and growing organization. They are actively searching for an Accounting Manager. This role will report directly to the Chief Operating Office and will function as the lead accountant in the office. This is a hands-on role and will work very closely with the Senior Management team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to oversight of the following areas:
- Reconcile and post all monthly journal entries to ensure accurate and efficient month end close
- Analyze and review monthly expenses and revenue
- Assist payroll and record payroll transactions in the GL
- Maintain all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards
- Prepare audit and 990 work papers and manage annual audit process
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings and ensure all returns are filed timely and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA designation is preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience is required
- Non-profit experience required
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Intacct and Bill.com experience is preferred by not required
This is an excellent opportunity for a knowledgeable Senior Accountant looking for their next role or seasoned Accounting Manager looking for more responsibility with growth potential.
Our client offers a competitive salary plus discretionary bonus and excellent benefits. Please respond for immediate consideration.