Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is a mission driven non-profit in the DC Metro area. They are seeking an AP & Payroll Accountant who will work closely with the Assistant Director of Finance to ensure all disbursements are accurately accounted for and reconciled monthly
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Process all vendor invoices, credit card statements, and expense reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely coding of all invoices and vouchers.
- Monitor invoices and payments due and ensure payment in a timely manner.
- Using the Great Plains Accounting system process all expenses and ensure accurate reporting within the system.
- Track and monitor recurring EFT and ACH payments for timely processing.
- Reconcile all payables monthly.
- Process weekly checks with appropriate signatures.
- Maintain control over all AP systems and process voids according to standards.
- Maintain all Accounts Payable files.
- On a quarterly basis, prepare, reconcile, and process all electronic dues payments to state Councils.
- Process all credit card holder reconciliations and enter for payment into Great Plains.
- Reconcile activity reports from Travel-On Travel Agency with credit card statements.
- Process credit applications upon request.
- Process all refunds upon request.
- Maintain up-to-date vendor information in the Great Plains Accounting system and A/P vendor files.
- Respond to inquiries from A/P vendors and staff.
- Monitor account payable trial balances and track and inform directors and vendors of outstanding invoices and payments.
- Annually prepare and distribute 1099s within federal guidelines.
- Work with Human Resources and the Finance Department to ensure semi-monthly payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review electronic time sheets for required approvals and compliance with all company policies.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure accurate benefits deductions, tax withholdings, retirement plan deferrals, direct deposits, and other elections.
- Review computed wages to ensure the accuracy of earnings and verify that all changes to payroll are processed correctly. Prepare draft payroll register for final review and approval.
- Maintain accurate payroll records, including payroll registers and manual check log.
- Ensure preparation of W-2 statements within ADP and ensure timely distribution.
- Track employee leave and comp time accruals and distribute leave reports as necessary to limit the loss of carryover hours.
- Trains staff members on functions related to payroll including time entry, recording leave, and system navigation.
- Maintain confidence and confidentiality of sensitive and privileged personnel information.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an accounting and/or finance office.
- Understanding of accounting principles is essential.
- Non-Profit experience preferred
- Must be detailed oriented and able to perform data entry with high level of accuracy.
- Outstanding time management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills. Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, MS Office applications, and accounting software.
- Experience with Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics is preferred. Familiarity with iMIS is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now Payroll and Time & Attendance preferred.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with all levels of staff. n
This role offers a full and robust benefits package.