Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Location: DC Metro Area
Our client delivers exceptional academic, social and financial scholarship support to 800+ dynamic and diverse students. Consisting of four inner-city schools each with its own unique identity, students learn and thrive in a safe and nurturing environment. Our client is seeking an Accounts Payable Coordinator. The A/R Coordinator reports to the Director of Finance and is responsible for maintaining the tuition database, tuition collection, and working collaboratively with school personnel and parents. The position performs administrative work in the day-to-day management of student accounts and account receivables. The A/R Coordinator also oversees the student enrollment, with support from the school staff, including student databases, information & reporting. The position ensures collection of tuition and other school fees and is responsible for maintaining accurate records for tuition, fees, and enrollment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Enter student tuition and fees into database at beginning of each school year
- Assist schools and parents with student account set-up and administration
- Record customer payments into Great Plains accounting software on a daily and/or weekly basis
- Maintain concise and accurate scholarship reports
- Work with local scholarship program to facilitate scholarship payments and reporting
- Must be able to accurately prepare bank deposits daily
- Review and follow-up of delinquent accounts
- Generates accounting statements and reports
- Researches and reconciles discrepancies and resolves with customers
- Communicates effectively and professionally with customer to resolve issues
- Documents all collection efforts in an excel spreadsheet and updates daily
- Assists in financial management and analysis, as requested
- Organizes and maintains retention files for required period of time
- Work directly with President and responsible for some administrative duties such as mail distribution, drafting donor thank you acknowledgements, etc.
- Fosters a strong relationship with parents and implements processes to collect tuition that involves on-site opportunities at schools
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required by this Role
- Knowledge of basic accounting and internal controls
- Computer aptitude to learn the database, Great Plains and other software
- Experience with Excel, Word and other MS Office software and formula creations
- Professional poise and judgment to raise and resolve issues
- Collaborative work style to interact with other employees
- Strong attention to detail to minimize data entry errors and excellent time management skills for completing tasks on schedule
- Strong oral and written communication skills for relating with parents, colleagues and staff
- Strong organization skills to be able to organize assignments, details, and systems.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver projects on time
- High School Graduate/G.E.D. with some college level accounting, or equivalent experience
- A minimum Associates degree in accounting is preferred.
- Three years’ experience in accounting and administration strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
This organization offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience.