Location: DC Metro area
Our client, a leader in helping philanthropic non-profit organizations do their best to advance their mission, is searching for a strong Assistant Controller to join their team. The ideal candidate is a Senior Accountant looking to take their next step in their career from another non-profit or coming from a public accounting firm. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer and supervising an Accountant Assistant, this is an integral role in the organization.
- Oversee the complete accounting operations on a daily basis
- Conduct monthly and annual closings
- Generate monthly financial reports after thorough review of all activities
- Oversee the audit process ensuring all PBC schedules are prepared in an accurate and timely basis
- Complete oversight of payroll management
- Work in partnership with department leads to create budget templates annually
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance required
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting in a non-profit setting in highly beneficial
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function and communicate well in a team-oriented environment
This organization offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.