Associate, Legal Resources and National Standards
Location: DC Metro Area
Our client, The Council on Foundations, provides the leadership & tools needed by philanthropic organizations to expand, enhance & sustain their ability to advance the common good.
Positions at the Council may be remote or located in Washington, D.C. based on business need. This role is eligible for full-time remote work.
The Associate, Legal Resources and National Standards, supports the day-to-day work of the Council on Foundations’ Legal Resources team and National Standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Legal Resources and National Standards
- Provide support to two attorneys and the Executive Director, National Standards.
- Responsible for the systemic flow of work and communications within the group and to others, as necessary.
- Manage incoming calls and e-mails addressed to the legal and National Standards inboxes.
- Answer routine questions and inquiries directly and assign more complex inquiries to other departmental staff.
- Create centralized folder of legal resources currently housed on the website and arrange resources topically.
- Enter inquiries in Salesforce and verify that inquiries are resolved. Follow-up to ensure letters, calls and emails are addressed.
- Manage and request, or perform, updates to the respective websites for Legal Resources and National Standards.
- Help team prepare for speaking engagements, webinars, and conference sessions, including logistics, meeting materials, facilitating collaboration with guest speakers, and following through on all details.
- Manage scheduling for department meetings, as needed.
- Keep abreast of overall departmental activities and contribute suggestions for improving both resources and work processes.
- Contribute to overarching organization goals by participating in cross-functional working groups.
- Manage the accreditation process. Track submissions throughout the review process, coordinate with peer and legal reviewers, support applicants, and ensure timely submission and completion of reviews.
- Track National Standards payments, issue reminders, invoices, and stipend requests.
- Take minutes at National Standards board meetings and support the preparation of board book materials.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience in a direct support role for management.
GENERAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experience in philanthropy, nonprofit sector, accreditation program management, or a legal department or law firm, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to identify and solve problems efficiently and quickly.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of integrity, confidentiality, professionalism, and ethics.
- A learning and growth mindset coupled with humility and mission-oriented sensibilities.
- Excellent customer service skills to include active listening, empathy, problem-solving and communication.
- Ability to manage many and/or differing tasks, maintain productivity, and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with a range of individuals and working styles, and with people at all organization levels including staff, board members, foundation officers, donors, and vendors.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications and Adobe Acrobat Standard.
- Database management or data entry experience, preferably Salesforce.
- 10% to company-sponsored events, if this role is remote.
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location
- The salary range for this role is from $57,000 – $64,000