Chief Financial Officer
Location: Columbia, SC
Our new client, a growing organization based in Columbia, South Carolina is seeking a Chief Financial Officer. Reporting directly to the President of the organization, the CFO is the primary financial advisor to the President and Executive Officers of the company and plays a critical role in ongoing corporate and financial activities along with driving the planning process. This role is also responsible for accurate and timely financial results, asset management, all fiduciary responsibilities, budgeting and forecasting along with staff development. The future CFO must be have strong experience in the trucking or automotive industry.
Key Result Areas:
- Ensures accurate and timely financials daily and monthly with a month end close of 6 business days or less.
- Reviews all financial statements and balance sheets for all locations monthly for accuracy and makes recommendations to the President and Vice President.
- Develops and monitors all key financial and liquidity ratios along with setting benchmarks for financial performance to goal.
- Develops a balanced financial scorecard for accounting to be reviewed with top management monthly and quarterly.
- Works with Navistar on any internal audits and or projects.
- Coordinates the annual budgeting process with all managers and the Board.
- Works with upper management to develop corporate goals that tie into the budget and feed down to KRA’s set for all managers.
- Develops and monitors all budget to actual financial data on a monthly basis providing feedback to upper management on any large variances.
- Builds expense reduction strategies into both the budget and planning process and develops measurement tools for monitoring progress.
- Works with operations to make sure their budgets and planning tie to the corporate goals and strategies.
- Creates a daily cash flow worksheet to communicate cash position to the owners in a concise and timely fashion.
- Monitors and reports cash retention monthly with a goal of 90% or greater.
- Develops a true cash flow statement and projects cash forecasting 6 months out.
- Manages the Like Kind Exchange Program and its relative tax liabilities keeping the owners informed on cash flow impacts and develops a plan to reduce the tax impacts.
- Works with the banks and other financial institutions to maintain and or develop business relationships that will drive down interest expense and increase cash flow.
- Works with all direct reports to set goals and objectives both monthly and annually including the training needed to support their role in Accounting.
- Mentor new managers and serve as a resource to all direct reports and other director level positions.
- Cross train all relative staff in all positions in corporate Accounting.
- Facilitate a team atmosphere within Accounting and all departments.
- Trains all staff on an ongoing basis in Accounting principles, financial analysis and technology advancements.
Legal and Compliance
- Ensure compliance in all areas of IRS and tax regulations and guidelines.
- Ensures that all the necessary internal controls and procedures are in place to safeguard all company assets.
- Works with the external tax and audit firm on IRS and state compliance.
- Ensures proper and timely collection and remittance of all sales related taxes, submission of payroll and related taxes and reporting.
- Coordinates the annual CPA audit and submission of financials.
Other duties as assigned by the President and Vice President. This is an executive position with responsibility for ensuring both corporate and departmental strategies, action plans, planning processes and compliance are executed at all levels. The CFO is an integral position of the executive management team in place to identify opportunities and growth options for the company by working together.
- Bachelors in Accounting required, Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience with demonstrated career progression.
- Ability to perform at a high level as an effective leader in a team environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills required.
- Automotive or Trucking industry experience is required
This role offers a full benefits package. Salary range for the role is $100,000 – $125,000/year, commensurate with experience.