Location: DC Metro Area
Our non-profit client, a dynamic organization that supports low income Americans across the entire United States, is seeking a Controller. This very critical role will report to the CFO and oversee all aspects of the accounting department. The Controller would be responsible for the annual financial statement audit and for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of accounting results each month. The position is located in Washington, DC, but will be performed remotely until the pandemic subsides.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Manages day-to-day financial operations
- Maintains accounts payable, payroll, treasury grant accounting, and general ledger, including developing and training staff.
- Oversight of monthly and annual close and generating accurate financial statements.
- Manages the payroll cycle and ensures all tax filings are filed.
- Leads the preparation of the annual 990 form and all other financial and tax filings. Ensures compliance with applicable legal and tax requirements.
- Reviews and updates the policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- BS in Accounting
- 10+ years of accounting
- Non-profit experience is required
- CPA & strong GAAP knowledge is required
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Strong Excel experience
This organization offers a competitive salary and a robust benefits package.