Location: DC Metro Area
Our non-profit DC client is seeking a Controller who will lead all day-to-day finance operations and supervise the accounting team including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable. Controller will ensure that all systems and procedures are in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits. Reporting directly to the SVP of Finance, the role will work closely with the senior management team to provide timely and accurate financials.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Supervise and manage the accounting and finance team and their daily operations.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipts of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of their financial status.
- Assist the leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process, administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain and correct variances as appropriate.
- Oversee all financial and project/program accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned to budgets.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the senior leadership team.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- BS in Accounting from an accredited university
- Strong GAAP knowledge, CPA preferred
- Non-profit experience is required for this role
- Experience using Sage Intacct preferred
- Experience in public accounting experience preferred
- 5+ years of supervisory experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
This organization offers a competitive salary and robust benefit package.