Location: DC Metro Area
Our new client is a rapidly growing consulting firm who serves the non-profit sector. They are seeking their first Assistant Director of Finance reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer. This is a hands-on position involved in all aspects of finance and accounting overseeing supervising one accounting staff. This is a high functioning and dynamic organization requiring someone with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Oversight and hands on day-to-day accounting operations
- Close the monthly and year end financials
- Produce timely and accurate financial statements
- Oversee the annual budget process
- Create all accounting and financial policies and procedures
- Manage the working relationship with the outsourced accounting professionals
- BS in Accounting, Finance & Business Administration
- 5 years of experience in accounting
- Non-profit or professional service experience is highly preferred
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills
This role offers an excellent salary and benefit package.