Director, Membership and Marketing
Location: DC Metro Area
Note: This is a hybrid position and seeking applicants in the DMV area
Our dynamic DC-based client is looking for a Director, Membership and Marketing. This is an exciting opportunity to engage with the organization’s members and other partners to advance their mission.
The Director, Membership and Marketing, is responsible for member recruitment as well as leading engagement and retention efforts. This position helps to advance the Mission by growing our membership base, enhancing our value proposition and developing a sense of community. A member of the staff leadership team, s/he provides advice and guidance to the team related to market share penetration and identifies strategies to counteract attrition by member category and based on the needs of member populations.
A data driven decision maker with keen analytical skills, this is a key position that works across the staff team, volunteer divisions and committees providing assistance and expertise in achieving membership and marketing goals. A strong team collaborator, visionary and marketer, this position is central to the success of elevating our profession to center stage in the United States by ensuring a strong member community that places DEI at the center as a core business enabler to innovative and insightful business decisions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- development and implementation of integrated and targeted marketing plans that grow membership, event attendance and convey our value proposition
- assessing our communication vehicles and marketing tactics (the online news site; social media channels; e-mail blasts; website; and weekly e-newsletter) to determine member value and making recommendations for changes, if required
- supporting and advancing brand awareness among key stakeholders
- supporting and advancing membership recruitment and retention strategies that incorporate best practices in diversity, equity and inclusion
- Develop, manage and oversee implementation of recruitment, retention, and engagement plan that aligns with 2021-2024 Strategic Plan, including development of metrics and goals that align with potential market
- Recruit new members to the organization by identifying individuals, organizations or market sectors that are not currently members; cultivating relationships; and converting those prospects into dues-paying members. Ensure effective onboarding practices are in place to enhance the member experience.
- Managing retention efforts of existing members by ensuring that current members have opportunities for engagement, are communicated with on a regular basis, feel a connection as a community and are receiving value for their membership dues.
- Identifying and implementing new programs and services that will be beneficial to members.
- Developing schedules and managing production workflows to produce high quality marketing materials following agreed-upon timelines.
- Working with graphic designers to oversee the design and layout of materials and graphics to ensure high-quality design; a strong, consistent, professional visual identity; and alignment with brand standards
- In collaboration with Database Manager, maintain a prospective member database and keep information current; invite prospective members to activities, when appropriate.
- Manage targeted membership recruitment efforts as part of overall new member sales goals. Staff liaison to the Division of Membership and Publications, the Publications Committee and the Membership Marketing Committee
- Based on needs of new member, present all advertising, sponsorship, and affinity opportunities.
- Oversee membership operations and ensure joins, renewal, drops are processed timely, in collaboration with Membership Coordinator
- Ensure effective and collaborative relationships with State Affiliates and integration of membership related resources and programs, in close collaboration with the Membership Coordinator and Database Manager.
- All other responsibilities as assigned by the CEO
Our client offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY: *Candidate must live in the DMV area*
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. We will be directly in touch with candidates to schedule a screening call.