Director of Accounting
Location: DC Metro Area
Our client, a growing and dynamic non-profit organization in the DC Metro area, is seeking a Director of Accounting. The Director of Accounting will lead the Accounting and Finance functions and plays a critical role in providing timely and accurate information to the senior management team and stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Manage all accounting operations as well as the year-end taxes for the organization.
- Oversees the entire payroll process including taxes for multiple states.
- Manage the general accounting function and personnel, ensuring proper accounting for restricted and other gifts (such as split interest agreements, charitable gift annuities, and charitable trusts), fixed assets, fund accounting, and bank and investment reconciliations, and accruals.
- Oversees the month-end and year-end close processes, ensuring timely and accurate financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Ensure internal policies and procedures are up to date.
- Prepare reports and presentations as requested by the VP of Finance.
- At least 5 years of non-profit accounting
- At least 5 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Highly proficient in Excel and NetSuite
This organization offers a full suite of benefits and salary is commensurate with years of experience.