Director of Finance
Location: DC Metro Area
Our client, an established non-profit organization in the DC Metro area, is seeking an experienced Director of Accounting. Collaboration, teamwork, cooperation and strong business acumen are must haves for this robust and exciting role. The Director of Accounting needs to be an experienced finance and accounting professional with the technical experience to be a leader to support 4 entities. The Director of Finance role provides accurate and timely financial information in accordance with GAAP to the stakeholders and senior leadership team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Manage the day-to-day financial and accounting operations and its team which administers centralized accounting services.
- Generates monthly individual and consolidated reports. Also, provides reports as needed to aid the senior management team to make informed decisions.
- Compliant and current with changes in US GAAP and tax regulations along with new accounting pronouncements, conducts FASB accounting standards codification (ASC) and additional financial research and prepares statistical analyses and white papers as needed.
- Develops financial policies and procedures and implements strong internal controls.
- Works collaboratively with the 4 entities and their business offices.
- Leads external annual process for combined annual audit of all Institutions.
- Ensures timely and accurate preparation and filing of annual unrelated business income tax filings (990-T and D-20).
- Prepares the organization’s operating budget along with five-year forecast and ten-year capital projects analysis on an annual basis.
- Maintains appropriate finance and accounting records (both in-house and outsourced) to account for, control, and track accounting data for all Institutions. Serves as liaison with third party accounting system vendors and provides troubleshooting and problem-solving advice regarding any centralized accounting system issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA required.
- Ten years accounting experience in the non-profit industry
- 5 years of experience in supervising an accounting department.
- Profiency in Great Plains, Excel and Anybill is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task.
This organization offers excellent benefits and salary. Partially remote work is negotiable. Salary is commensurate with experience.