Director of Financial & Accounting Services
Location: DC Metro Area
Our thriving client is a management consulting firm in the DC metro area that serves non-profit clients. They are employee-owned management company looking for a Director of Financial & Accounting Services for their DC office. This Director and their team provide a comprehensive set of accounting and financial expertise to their clients. Reporting to the Vice President of the Department, this role has full responsibility for the day-to-day operations while overseeing a team of up 9 accountants.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Unit Business Operations
- Client management
- People management
- New business development
- 12 + years of relevant accounting experience
- CPA required
- BS in Accounting from an accredited university
- Demonstrated progressive experience and supervisory experience in financial management and accounting.
- Experience working with executives and leading teams, preferably within a matrix environment and professional services/public accounting environment.
- Proven expertise in developing strategic partnerships with senior management and/or client organizations and influencing key business decisions.
- Proven track record of establishing, implementing, and maintaining exceptional accounting controls.
- Association, Not-for-profit accounting or Board experience a plus.
This role offers a robust benefit package and salary.