Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is seeking an Education Program Manager. The primary responsibilities of the Education Program Manager focus on these major areas: annual meeting, special meetings, project management, and organization wide communications related to the annual meeting and special meetings. Approximately 85% will be spent on management of the annual meeting and 15% will be spent on special meetings. The Education Program Manager works closely with the Director, Education, assisting with program planning, education and speaker management for the education-based virtual and in-person conferences as well as other department deliverables and deadlines to include budgetary and logistical objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Annual Meeting Management:
- Work closely with the Director, Education and the Meetings Management Company on planning, preparation, execution of the Annual Meeting
- Serve as staff liaison to the Program Committee and ensure appropriate level of staff and volunteer collaboration and communication
- Develop and manage the faculty database, faculty timelines
- Develop and implement the session proposal system for conference proposal submission, review, confirmation, and program layout. Recommend improvements to the proposal process
- Oversee virtual meeting components with conference vendors to include managing livestreams and video uploads
- In collaboration with vendors and relevant staff, prepare program evaluations. Upon conference completion, compile and disseminate evaluation data to faculty and planning group members
- Work with the marketing team to provide and review all meetings content for organizational marketing to include but not limited to website information, meeting schedules, speaker information, session description, and mobile app content
- Track overall abstract submissions through the online abstract system, evaluating programmatic success
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements and enhancing efficiencies with projects and workflows
- Responds to front line inquires around education and events, including continuing education (CE) certificates
- Manages education and events email inbox and provides timely customer service
Continuing Education Process:
- Communicates with a customer service focus and in a timely manner to address CE questions and concerns
- Facilitates the CE application process for members and external parties assuring completeness of application materials
- Works with the volunteer committee to maintain a reviewer pool and assigns applications to reviewers
- Accurately monitors and tracks the reviewing process to assure timely completion and proactively communicates with applicants related to application status
- Maintains documents used for compliance according to established procedures and compliance checklists
- Work with the Director, Education to ensure implementation and delivery of all the live and online events
- Manages the learning management system
- Oversees the delivery of online learning programs (webinars, meetings, courses) including tasks such as:
- Registration set-up and configuration
- Course set-up and configuration
- Provide technical support for virtual learning offerings
- Speaker outreach, follow-up, and coordination
- Running attendance reports and ensuring CE certificates are sent out in a timely manner
- Editing webinars and facilitating transition of recordings to learning management system
- Develop and monitor event budgets in coordination with VP, Finance and Director, Education and report to stakeholders as needed.
- Monitor contractual agreements and ensure obligations are met.
- Reconcile final bills and bills to appropriate accounts.
- Research balance dues on a regular basis to ensure accounts are current and payments are up to date.
- Maintain exemplary customer service through ongoing communication with planning group and faculty members, staff members, and other constituents and address questions and issues on a timely basis.
- Communicate meeting specific details to all stakeholders.
- Maintain a master schedule of events and speakers.
- Communicate counts, lists and statistical information to all officials, liaisons and Senior Staff as directed.
- Working with Editor, coordinate and drafts various event-related correspondence and materials to include program booklet, online event app and other materials as necessary.
- Field calls from speakers and event invitees on event details and logistics.
- Coordinate mailings and blast e-mails.
- Assist with development of event website pages and Peer-to-Peer platform updates.
- Assist with development of mobile app for members to use during meeting.
- Assist with day-of event execution working with meeting management company program planning committee, volunteers, and staff.
- Ensure member satisfaction on-site.
- Manages the evaluation and summation of the meeting, including measurement and analysis of meeting performance and attendee satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project management experience (certification a plus), coordinating multiple projects simultaneously and meeting tight deadlines.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience preferably within a nonprofit organization, association, or healthcare setting with management experience.
- Experience supervising staff, managing vendors, and working with volunteers.
- Experience working in association management, learning management, content management, and event registration systems.
- Strong technology skills and working knowledge of Office 365 Suite, Microsoft Office applications, proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Survey Monkey, Google Docs.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to initiate and develop productive working partnerships with key stakeholders’ organization-wide.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment as well as with individuals from a geographically dispersed membership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Analytical skills to summarize and analyze meeting budgets and reports.
- Knowledge of Customer Management Systems
- Ability to prioritize and manage a workflow that involves interruptions and multiple projects underway at the same time.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time and ensure deadlines are met.
- Motivated self-starter with a positive attitude; able to work independently and under pressure to meet deadline
- Ability to receive instruction from supervisor and prioritize responsibilities and time as required.
- Ability to work under direct supervision and follow standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail and good follow through, including proactive status updates and communication with team members.
Organizational Norms/Core Values:
- Respect – Works collaboratively to develop positive relationships and treats staff, volunteers, and stakeholders in a manner that promotes fairness, inclusivity, teamwork, and the accomplishment of the organization’s strategic goals.
- Customer Service Focus – Proactive, professional, and responsive to meeting the service expectations of all customers; both internal and external to the organization.
- Teamwork – Leverages knowledge across the organization and diversity to enhance the work of the organization and works collaboratively to develop positive relationships with staff, volunteers, members, and other stakeholders to achieve the shared goals.
- Transparency – Engages in openness, communication, and accountability of business processes and decisions.
- Accountability –Displays honesty and truthfulness, confronts problems quickly, and displays strong commitment to the success of the organization including a willingness to accept full responsibility in meeting the core values and work performance expectations.
The incumbent is able to:
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail and face-to-face.
- Work at a computer for prolonged periods.
- Travel on occasion.
Our client offers a full and robust benefits and salary package. Please respond for immediate consideration.