Location: DC Metro Area
Our DC-based client is a dynamic and growing organization. They are actively searching for an experienced and passionate Events Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive and detail-oriented events professional to own and execute an events portfolio that engages the client’s most important audiences.
As the Events Manager, you’ll work in our Product, Marketing & Communications team and will have ownership for all our internal and external events. The team delivers virtual and in-person events each year ranging from a flagship tradeshow which draws 3000+ attendees to virtual events and workshops for 100+ participants. You will be responsible for leading all events-related activities and serving as the key project manager. The annual event portfolio requires you to work on multiple events simultaneously, driving each event smoothly to conclusion while being the lead and teammate to internal and external partners. If problem-solving is in your DNA, read on…
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- The position maintains strategic oversight over all company event activities, requiring advanced meeting and live event planning expertise and hands on knowledge of virtual event best practices and webinar platforms
- Manage the events calendar.
- Create, manage, and maintain project plans, priorities, and critical path.
- Create, manage, and reconcile budgets.
- Establish deadlines, assign responsibilities, and drive decisions.
- Ensure seamless coordination among internal stakeholders, and third-party suppliers.
- Manage relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Responsible for execution of all facets of each event including, but not limited to:
- Site / platform research, selection, and contracting
- Pre-production – supplier management, agenda development, speaker, and sponsor communications
- On-site logistics, staffing, and sponsor fulfillment
- Post-event reconciliation and after-action reporting
- Working knowledge of A/V requirements
- Provide general administrative support to the department including – e.g., managing branded inventory, shipping, preparing, and distributing meeting notes
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams to develop event requirements including booth graphic materials, on booth displays, marketing presentation materials, promotion, and advertising campaigns.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Minimum of five years’ experience in event and conference management and demonstrated experience managing large teams
- A proven record of achievement in your current or previous position
- Excellent critical thinking and ability to anticipate needs
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints, in hybrid and virtual environments
- A solutions-orientated problem solver, with the ability to take initiative and demonstrate follow-through
- Ability to evaluate risk and to know what and when to quickly escalate concerns to leadership
- Microsoft Office suite program experience preferred (Outlook, Excel, OneNote); Excel and spreadsheet experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of online events platforms such as Hopin, Zoom and Teams,
- Working knowledge of online registration platforms such as Cvent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail in composing, editing and proofing materials
- Outstanding customer service orientation and customer resolution skills
- Well-developed time management skills: highly organized, efficient, and detail oriented
- Strong work habits and ability to work in a cross-functional environment.
- Availability & willingness to travel nationally and internationally as required
- Ability to work weekends and evenings based on event schedules
- Candidates are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Nice to Haves:
- Working knowledge of design software such as Adobe InDesign.
- Working knowledge of Word Press, and HTML
Our client offers a full and robust benefits and salary package. Please respond for immediate consideration.