Location: DC Metro Area
Our client, a community non-profit organization, is seeking a Finance Associate to join its team.
Working under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Finance Associate is primarily responsible for processing the accounting, and reporting functions of the organization’s books and records. This individual must have strong computer skills; be comfortable working in an accurate and timely manner with minimal supervision; and must take initiative in identifying anomalies and bringing them to the attention of the Accounting Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Learn all aspects of two customer relationship management databases (currently Blackbaud Enterprise CRM and iPhi)
- Record daily transactions in accounting aystem with accuracy and timeliness
- Prepare the weekly check batch
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Prepare month end and year end close supporting documents
- Maintain and update donor / accounting records in iPhi
- Work with the Accounting Manager to improve financial processes
- Resolve donor account issues as needed
- Run basic queries and export results from internal CRMs according to specific criteria to assist with analysis, lists, and reports
- Produce financial and donor profile reports and respond to analysis requests by management.
- Exercise good judgment, attention to detail and decision-making skills when working on donor accounts and use strong interpersonal skills when communicating with donors and colleagues, responding to inquiries and correspondence from donors and colleagues in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service to donors and colleagues.
- Ensure proper disbursements are made as part of the annual distribution process in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work as a team member in the strategic design and implementation of personal, departmental, and organizational goals
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in working with a donor or customer relationship management database
- Minimum 3-5 of experience with a fundraising or direct response organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with peers in the organization whose support is needed to implement goals and objectives of the position
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Professional, service-minded attitude and demeanor
- Detail oriented, with strong multi-tasking, organizational, planning, follow-up and prioritization skills
- Ability to routinely handle sensitive/confidential information where the highest level of discretion is expected
- Willingness to take direction and ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, strong interpersonal skills; must possess a positive can-do attitude
The organization offers a people-friendly environment including excellent health care and retirement benefits, generous time off, flexible work options and opportunities for continued professional development, including an annual stipend. This is currently a remote role and will have telework options.