Industry Affairs Manager
Location: DC Metro Area
Our DC-based client is a dynamic and growing organization who is actively looking for an Industry Affairs Manager to join its rapidly growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to engage with the organization’s members and other partners on topics that are critical to the digital transaction ecosystem. If you are interested in this highly innovative, dynamic industry and enjoy working with groups to advance knowledge and business opportunities, this role may be for you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage committees, councils, and working groups, including the organization’s Large Processor Council; Payment Facilitation Committee; Mobile Payments Committee; Risk, Fraud and Security Committee, and others.
- Establish committee goals that align with the organization’s strategic goals, and action agendas that include timelines for the development and implementation of strategic programs, projects, and activities. Recruit members to participate in committee activities.
- Engage actively with the industry; remain up to date on industry trends and activities, provide subject matter expertise to inform organizational strategy.
- Manage industry partner and trade associate relationships
- Assist in the identification of new membership opportunities; develop new member target lists. Develop and maintain a pipeline of membership targets.
- Candidates should have experience in the Payments Industry or Project/Relationship Management experience with a trade association preferably in the banking, financial services, or related sectors.
- Outstanding customer service orientation. The ability to facilitate discussions, build consensus and steer groups toward common goals is essential.
- The successful candidate will be self-directed with excellent problem-solving abilities and a positive, results-oriented attitude.
- The ability to juggle multiple time demands, handle pressure and meet deadlines, and plan, and manage projects/budgets are important.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver, who demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp and analyze ideas and concepts.
- Other desired competencies include highly developed interpersonal skills, discretion, keen judgment and decision-making ability, and acumen in listening, persuasion, and consensus-building.
- Availability & willingness to travel to the office and industry events as required
- Ability to work weekends and evenings based on event schedules
- Candidates are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in Sales is an asset but not required
Our client offers a full and robust benefits and salary package. Please respond for immediate consideration.