Manager of Human Resources and Operations
Location: DC Metro Area
Our innovative client, the Entertainment Software Association (“ESA”), is the voice and advocate for the U.S. video game industry. Its members are the innovators, creators, publishers, and business leaders that are reimagining entertainment and transforming how we interact, learn, connect, and play. The ESA works to expand and protect the dynamic marketplace for video games through innovative and engaging initiatives that showcase the positive impact of video games on people, culture, and the economy.
ESA is seeking a Manager of Human Resources and Operations. This role will be responsible for the implementation and day-to-day management of many HR/benefits functions and ESA’s DC office operations. They work with the HR Director and CFO to identify, design, develop, and implement continuous improvements in all phases of HR and Operational functions.
Human Resources Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and executing engagement events/programs for Staff, such as our social committee and wellness initiatives
- Works with HR Director to drive employee satisfaction efforts
- Runs payroll on a semi-monthly basis for ESA, ESRB, & ESAF. Manages the upkeep of our payroll/HRIS system
- Collects, sorts, maintains, and disseminates payroll records
- Tracks and maintains employee leave accruals
- Assists HR Director with training/development programs and initiatives
- Assists in compensation and performance management including budget development, managing system, and development of competencies/evaluation criteria.
- Assists in job posting, sourcing, interviewing, and reference checking. Works with outsourced recruiter to coordinate recruiting efforts
- Ensures accurate time-keeping for all exempt employees according to FLSA policy
- Processes onboarding for new hires, collects completed forms and helps with employee benefit enrollment, set-ups employee web pay profiles
- Organizational/facilities orientation for new hires
- Manages Buddy Program for new hires
- Processes various exit items during off-boarding, such as termination of benefits, prepares exit memos as needed, processes termination through payroll system
- Ongoing review and reconciliation of all benefits, including WMATA, medical claims, premium statements
- Ensures 401k plan funding integration is successful each payroll; download reports and statements from 401k plan
- Supports day-to-day HR functions for ESA and ESRB
- Researches and keeps abreast of new HR trends, HR project suggestions
- Gather and analyze data for both HR and Operational analysis, i.e. reports, administer employee surveys
- Personnel documents management and maintenance
Operations Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages Administrative Coordinator in all aspects of their job; delegates tasks and manages their workflow
- Oversees day-to-day operational functions
- Ensures proper response and handling of staff issues and concerns, interacts with all operational vendors as needed to get these issues resolved
- Oversees purchases and maintenance of appropriate operational supplies
- Maintains relationship with property management to promptly address any concerns including presentation of interior
- Negotiates vendor rates as needed to manage expenses and seeks areas for cost-reduction, maintenance of existing contracts
- Records operational deficiencies and takes necessary action within budget limitations
- Primary contact for facility access and security issues
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Budget development and spending management for HR/Benefits and Operations Assist with cross-departmental projects as needed.
- Supervise additional temp support for special events and/or meetings as needed.
- Oversees relationship and task delegation between reception and events manager.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates or bachelor’s degree required
- 6-7 years of experience in HR/benefits management
- HR certification preferred
Skills & Abilities
- High level of confidentiality, discretion, and integrity
- Strong technology proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel), Adobe, and payroll/benefits sites and portals
- Demonstrated reliability, impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate well with internal staff and others
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to occasionally arrive prior to normal business hours and/or depart after normal business hours during high volume work periods (advanced notice will be provided by supervisor)
- May be required to lift and/or move objects that are 25 pounds or less
This organization offers a robust salary and benefits package.