Location: DC Metro Area
Our client, Council on Foundations (“Council”) is a leader in helping philanthropic non-profit organizations do their best to advance their mission, is searching for a Manager, Training to join their team. The Manager, Training will work closely with the Director, Leadership and Training to design, develop, and implement curriculum and programming focused on trainings, courses, as well as peer-to-peer programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are a representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the development, planning and implementation of the Council’s trainings, courses and peer-to-peer programs.
- Manages curriculum design, development of new courses, and updates of current offerings.
- Manages program workplan, schedule and marketing promotion of trainings, courses, and peer-to-peer programs.
- Manages the coordination, registration and communication with course/training participants.
- Builds relationships with philanthropic sector partners and collaborates on program offerings throughout the calendar year.
- Support the development and implementation the program strategy, ensuring alignment with organizational vision and goals.
- Design and coordinate the recruitment and training of new course facilitators and faculty from the philanthropic field.
- Coordinate the evaluation and learning process for trainings, courses and peer-to-peer programs.
- Applies best practices and knowledge of adult learning theory to the strategy, design and delivery of trainings and courses.
- In collaboration with broader programs team, contribute to development of virtual learning content.
- Support data management, including Salesforce data maintenance on programs and associated projects.
- In collaboration with Director, Leadership and Training, manage the program budget, including invoicing and payment processing.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in business or related fields.
General Skills and Competencies
- Strong project management skills, ability to meet deadlines, and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong understanding of the philanthropic and charitable sector.
- Strong understanding of program development, curriculum design, and adult learning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation and presentation.
- Experience with facilitation, and webinar management, preferred.
- Understanding of learning and evaluation for program development
- Experience with developing programming for community foundations
- Ability to identify and solve problems efficiently and quickly.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with a range of individuals and working styles, and with people at all organization levels including staff, board members, foundation officers, donors, and vendors.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems.
- Experience with CRM database solution, preferably Salesforce.
- Intermediate to advance skills in Microsoft Office 365 applications.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
- The ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time (8+ hours/day).
- The ability to lift up to 20 lbs. (with or without assistance).
- The ability to push, pull, bend, kneel, reach, stoop, and crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job includes near, far, peripheral and depth and ability to adjust focus (with or without the use of corrective lenses).
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically, including overnight trips.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Activities, duties, or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Salary and Benefits
- The salary hiring range for this position is $68,000 – $75,000 and is commensurate with experience.
- The Council offers a generous benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance and a 403(b) plan with a 7% employer contribution.
- The Council also offers 13 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays per year, 20 vacation days per year, paid time off the week between December 25th and January 1st, and 10 sick days per year.