Location: DC Metro Area
Our established non-profit client is seeking a Marketing Specialist to lead the creation and management of advocacy campaigns. Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing and in partnership with the marketing team, the Marketing Specialist plays an integral role in the expression of the organization’s brand and creation and execution of integrated marketing campaigns. This position serves as a central member of the marketing team, working at the intersection between content creators and departmental teams to implement multifaceted marketing campaigns that achieve organizational goals in advocacy and fundraising. This role crafts campaign creative briefs, builds audience strategies and manages paid media campaigns with an eye toward efficiency and building deeper relationships with organization supporters.
This position plays an important role in supporting an inclusive organizational culture that is grounded in trust and accountability to shared goals and outcomes. The organization has made diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic priorities for the organization and the Marketing Specialist will integrate these priorities throughout our brand and marketing campaign work. Across our team, we aspire to be campaign oriented, nimble, collaborative, innovative, transparent, and supportive of staff – our greatest asset.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Support cross-functional initiatives with the departmental team leads, in the following capacities:
- Project management: maintains production schedules —ensuring marketing-related deadlines are met across teams;
- Creative development: drafts creative briefs for designer and content developers, leads concept development, coordinates graphic/video and oversees overarching asset design;
- Copy writing: in partnership with external affairs teammates, pulls from existing messaging to write copy for ads, graphics and landing pages.
- Audience strategy: coordinates issue-related campaign requests with list acquisition, retention and segmentation strategies;
- Paid media strategy: works with media agency and director of marketing to develop media plans that meet campaign objectives and assists with execution and optimization across digital, out of home, print and partnership channels;
- Vendor and influencer management: regular coordination with media agency and any external influencers or partners and oversees associated contracts and billing;
- Measurement and reporting: defines and tracks campaign metrics and develops reports for both internal and external audiences.
- Tracks corporate and organization brand guidelines – partnering with key stakeholders (philanthropy, communications, program) to ensure brand consistency throughout the organization.
- Manages organization merchandise, determining branded products and assisting teams with fulfillment.
- Supports implementation of brand strategy, brand identity (style guides) and visual systems for organization brand, strategic pillars and campaigns.
- Supports corporate and affinity relationships; develops marketing partnership strategies, designs pitch materials and reports as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience working as a part of an interdisciplinary marketing team creating and implementing integrated marketing campaigns and publications for a multifaceted organization.
- Experienced at building and managing all facets of a marketing campaign, including developing strategy and creative concepts, audience segmentation, media and go-to-market plans and execution.
- Strong creative concepting and ad copy-writing skills and ability to distill complex topics into attention-grabbing paid media campaigns.
- Experience managing digital ad buys, especially on Facebook platform.
- Knowledge of and experience managing organizational brand guidelines.
- Strong written and visual communications skills.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to multitask and manage multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, including marketing, fundraising and communications professionals, across departments and regions.
- Excellent communications skills; experience managing relationships with corporate partners and outside organizations.
- Track record working successfully in teams representing a rich mix of talent, backgrounds, and perspectives—across race and gender.
- A passionate commitment for and an ability to articulate simply, the complex goals and mission of the organization and its programs.
- A passion for design and marketing and keen sense of advertising trends especially within Latinx, millennial and Gen Z audiences highly desired.
- Strong sense of teamwork and commitment to working toward the common goal.
- Willingness to ‘learn as you go’ and participate in feedback loops.
- Demonstrated history of flexibility, adaptability and willingness to accept change.
- Strong intellect, creativity, drive and initiative.
- Solid organizational and interpersonal skills; interacts with trust and respect at all levels.
This organization offers a full suite of benefits and salary is commensurate with years of experience.