Membership Services Assistant
Location: DC Metro Area
Our dynamic non-profit trade association client is looking for an Membership Services Assistant. to join its team on a part-time basis. Under the supervision of the Sr. Director of Membership & Business Development, the Membership Services Assistant will maintain accurate customer records in the Association’s database and provide excellent and timely customer service to members and other stakeholders. This position will support member and affiliate partner recruitment, renewals, and benefits fulfillment. This position will be the point person to respond to customer service requests. Specific responsibilities include data entry and verification, coordinate delivery of benefits for affiliate partners, produce reports and invoices, manage and lead the annual dues collection process. This role will be involved in current data capture strategy for the Association’s existing data as well as future data requirements to support business decisions. Assist the Sr. Director as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Process all new affiliate partner applications, prepare welcome package, process onboarding correspondence, including invoicing and collection of dues. Coordinate with Communications & Marketing Dept. so that appropriate advertising benefits are scheduled and implemented.
- Update the membership database including process new records created via the website login page and other data entry of member, prospect and stakeholder records.
- Conduct online research and/or communicate with members, affiliate partners or internal staff to verify information and update records in database.
- In conjunction with Sr. Director, manage affiliate partners renewals, including invoicing, processing payments, and sending timely reminders until all collections are complete.
- Respond to general membership and affiliate partner inquiries.
- Assist in the collection and internal processing of regular membership dues.
- Assist in preparing annual verification reports for members to review and update their information.
- Prepare prospect and member visit packages with most up to date information.
- Assist with membership campaigns and promotions.
- Keep membership sections of the Association’s website updated (membership prospect section, online membership directory and MPL buyer’s guide).
- Assist with invoicing and payment processing of sponsors and exhibitors, and communicate with the Meetings & Education Dept.
- Document and update operating procedures for data entry and other membership-related tasks. Work closely with IT Dept. to receive training on new processes as needed.
- Maintain membership physical files.
- Attend team meetings and liaise with other departments as needed.
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or marketing/communications preferred, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
- 5 years related experience working in field of membership records management and/or customer services in nonprofit/association industry preferred.
- Experience with Association databases and/or customer relationship management (CRM) software—iMIS preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with prospects, members, volunteers, and stakeholders.
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, project management, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and follow up accordingly.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks, track status and meet deadlines.
- Strong judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
This role offers a competitive salary and robust benefits package.