Mentorship Program Manager
Location: DC Metro Area
**Our client is only considering candidates local to MD/DC/VA at this time**
Our well known innovative nonprofit client in Arlington, VA is searching for a Mentorship Program Manager. Our client is an innovative and dynamic professional association within the public health arena who offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Senior Research Program Manager
Our client seeks to become the industry leader in mentorship programming particularly in the areas of Mentee/Mentor recruitment, retention, and overall program performance. The Mentorship Program Manager will report to the Director of Programs and will be responsible for transforming and scaling the current weeklong mentorship program into a yearlong endeavor beginning this Fall. The position will be responsible for establishing a robust and diverse mentor/mentee recruitment pathway, conducting and/or supporting an innovative and interactive mentorship program, tracking and monitoring successes, and serve as the staff liaison to the Mentorship committee.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Create, lead, and manage a robust and diverse mentor/mentee recruitment pathway.
- Manage the Mentorship Summit annual conference, which includes application management, program updates, mentor/mentee pairing, planning events, participant tracking, follow up.
- Create a robust mentorship program workplan that includes developing intermediate and long-term outcomes, systems, and mechanisms for reporting on key performance indicators (i.e., mentor/mentee demographics and characteristics, areas of interest/specialization, mentor/mentee engagement, etc.)
- Identify and manage technology solutions for building a mentor pool, reviewing program applications, matching mentors/mentees, tracking Mentorship Program key performance indicators (i.e., mentor/mentee demographics, program satisfaction, levels of engagement, program growth over time, etc.)
- Serve as the key point of contact for mentors and mentees, addressing questions, problem solving and providing technical support for mentorship software issues.
- Manage partnerships with Mentorship Program Committee/Committee Chairs and other volunteer groups including scheduling and leading meetings, creating agendas, ongoing communications and managing evolution of programs based on committee feedback.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications team to create program marketing materials including print and web-based materials, social media campaigns, draft and schedule emails, and other engagements to ensure program success and participant engagement.
- Work closely with the Philanthropy team to ensure that the funding which is secured for the program supports the activities such as the travel grants, luncheon, and other events.
- Support prospect research to identify funders that align with mentorship program goals and objectives.
- Support the development and implementation of new initiatives, including literature and environmental scans, meeting with industry mentorship leaders, and traveling to participating schools to inform program design and development .
- Use program design principles to create program initiatives that align with the Foundation’s mission and support of organizations’ goals.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in the field of program development, recruitment, mentorship, or similar program area ideally in the healthcare or non-profit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; equivalent work experience can be submitted .
- Knowledge and experience with developing public health, foundation, or non-profit programs that demonstrates long-term impact preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with developing and managing marketing and communications outreach plans to support program initiatives.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment with volunteer leadership and consensus-building a plus.
- Event management experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple deadlines effectively.
- Ability to interact successfully across all levels of volunteers, leaders, and staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and data management systems.
- Experience with Zoom/Zoom Webinar a plus.
- Ability to utilize tools or design systems and processes to track program data and monitor program progress.