Location: DC Metro Area
Our client, a leader in helping philanthropic non-profit organizations do their best to advance their mission, is searching for an Operations Associate to join their team. This role reports to the Director of Operations. The Operations Associate supports the day-to-day work of the organization’s Operations team and serves as a liaison to internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Chief Operating Officer. The Operations Associate anticipates the operational needs of staff and proactively addresses issues with an emphasis on sound judgment and self-direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are a representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
- Support the Chief Operating Officer with coordinating meeting schedules, production and distribution of meeting materials, external communications, and managing logistical details.
- Responsible for physical and virtual receptionist functions of the organization, including management of the main phone line and email inbox, welcoming visitors and staff, security management of visitors, and handling, logging, and distribution of mail and packages.
- Assist the Membership team with updating member information in Salesforce, and processing credit card payments.
- Monitor/escalate technology help-desk tickets and assist users with technology needs.
- Support the Director, Operations to ensure readiness of security, safety, and emergency protocols, and coordination with building management of office cleaning, maintenance, and other building services.
- Assist the Operations team with operational activities including content development for presentations, compilation & presentation of survey data, development of training materials, employee orientation & onboarding, procedures documentation, and other special projects.
- Order office and kitchen supplies and track inventory needs.
- Ensure office space, supplies, food/catering, and IT resources are prepared for internal events, meetings, trainings, and retreats.
- Maintain office equipment and coordinate maintenance with vendors.
- Serve as main point of contact for parking access/passes and related duties.
- Manage central calendar, building communications and reservation of building amenities.
- Contribute to overarching organization goals by participating in cross-functional working groups.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a professional office environment, supporting senior leadership
General Skills and Competencies
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems efficiently and quickly.
- Excellent customer service skills to include active listening, empathy, problem-solving and communication.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of integrity, confidentiality, professionalism, and ethics.
- Ability to manage many and/or differing tasks, maintain productivity, and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with a range of individuals and working styles, and with people at all organization levels including staff, board members, foundation officers, donors, and vendors.
- Database management or data entry experience, preferably Salesforce.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
- The ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time (8+ hours/day).
- The ability to lift up to 20 lbs. (with or without assistance).
- The ability to push, pull, bend, kneel, reach, stoop, and crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job includes near, far, peripheral and depth and ability to adjust focus (with or without the use of corrective lenses).
This organization offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.