Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is growing! They are seeking a motivated and highly organized payroll administrator in the D.C. Metro area to join their team! Their mission is to promote innovation in conservation and restoration through changing policies and institutions to conserve and restore jeopardized species nationwide. If you are looking for a position where you can help make a difference, this is the job for you.
Note: This is a hybrid position and seeking applicants in the DMV area
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Based on the information provided by HR, create employee records
- Train new employees on the completion of timesheets and time-off requests within the system
- Be the contact for all staff timesheet and time-off request questions
- Do the bi-weekly payroll process
- Make sure all timesheets are accurate and processed bi-weekly for payroll
- Submit the approved payroll to a third-party payroll company for processing
- Make sure all required information for the employees is in the database
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of relevant experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Personal interest in and commitment to the organization
- Ability to work independently and collaborative as needed
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders
- Ability to efficiently manage conflict.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Ability to stay organized while having a keen eye for details
- Understanding of the relationships between accounts and subaccounts in the general ledger
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software, databases, spreadsheets, and a word-processing program
- Well-organized with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of how to handle confidential matters discreetly
- Vital research and data analysis skills
- Strong creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while managing deadlines on multiple projects
The client requires all employees who engage in in-person work activities, including business travel or onsite work, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Our client offers an excellent salary and benefits package.