Our client, a construction/engineering firm in the DC metro area is looking for a Payroll Administrator. The Payroll Administrator reports to the VP of Human Resources and Benefits and is responsible for full cycle payroll processing and all tasks that are associated with that function.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Full-cycle weekly payroll processing for hourly and salaried employees, including maintaining employee records, including verification of employee data
- Administer regulatory payroll requirements such as garnishments, support orders and tax levies
- Conduct weekly payroll audits to reconcile deductions and taxes
- Research and resolve any payroll related discrepancies
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports and workers compensation report for Accounting
- Prepare various reports including training hours and engineering hours
- Respond to employment verification requests
- Complete and submit state unemployment requests
- Ensure accuracy of payroll taxes and W2s
- Primary Administrator for the time clock system which would include daily administration
- Complete Year End process in all payroll systems, including calendars and benefit updates, rectify wage and tax issues, etc.
- Research and lead special payroll system projects – ie, reporting changes, system upgrades, best practices, etc.
- Maintain training guides for payroll procedures
- Maintain the Payroll page of the intranet
- Act as backup for Payroll / Benefits Administrator as needed
- Obtain/maintain E-Verify certification
- 3-5 years of full cycle payroll processing experience is required
- Experience with a Payroll/HRIS software (such as Ceridian Dayforce, Ultimate Ultipro or ADP)
- Knowledge of standard payroll practices and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Able to maintain objectivity and confidentiality
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi task, prioritize and meet deadlines
This role offers a full benefits package including a competitive salary.