Location: DC Metro Area
Our well established non-profit client is seeking TWO experienced Senior Accountants to support the key transaction flows and reconciliation processes of the accounting team, which may include accounts payable, payroll, cash receipts, revenue reconciliation, and treasury and bank reconciliations.
NOTE: Employees are required to live in the DMV area. In response to COVID-19, all positions are currently temporarily remote. However, will eventually require employees to be in the office once weekly.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Work directly with the Assistant Controller and Accounting Director to perform and execute day-to-day accounting/finance functions timely, accurately, and efficiently in conjunction with the monthly close.
- Review and record cash receipts and disbursement activity, payroll activity and other transactions for accuracy, completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual grant requirements.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts with supporting information, including but not limited to other databases, to support monthly financial reporting and year-end audit.
- Serve as a liaison between internal and external customers/vendors. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, research; troubleshooting; resolving various questions and outstanding matters and preparing correcting adjustments.
- Maintain the accounting systems master files and the signature authorization list.
- Prepare and file compliance and other forms and reports.
- Respond to external auditor inquiries and provide schedules, research, and data as required.
- Prepare records, schedules, and reports as requested by Accounting/Finance leadership.
- Perform special projects as needed and/or requested.
- BA/BS degree in accounting required.
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience in accounting in roles with progressive responsibility.
- Demonstrated financial accounting experience in non-profit organizations preferred.
- Previous experience in public accounting is a plus.
- Experience in ERP systems implementation and system upgrades is a plus.
- Experience in payroll processing or electronic procure-to-pay functions is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills, and the ability to prioritize effectively in a team-oriented environment.
This role offers an excellent salary and benefits package.