Senior Accountant, Payroll
Location: DC Metro Area
Our well-established and growing client seeks an experienced Senior Accountant to support the key transaction flows and reconciliation processes of the accounting team, which may include but not limited to accounts payable, payroll, and various account reconciliations. The roles REQUIRES someone with strong payroll experience. This role will report directly to the Director of Accounting with great opportunity for growth.
NOTE: This role is REMOTE but candidates are required to live in the DC/MD/VA area.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
Finance and Accounting Duties
- Work directly Accounting Director and Assistant Controller to perform and execute day-to-day accounting/finance functions timely, accurately, and efficiently in conjunction with the monthly close.
- Review semimonthly payroll data input from various sources for accuracy.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts with supporting information including but not limited to other databases, to support monthly financial reporting and year-end audit
- Maintaining the accounting systems master files and the signature authorization list
- Serve as a liaison between employees and the finance team for any issues that may arise. Tasks may include, but are not limited, to research; troubleshooting; resolving various questions and outstanding matters and preparing correcting adjustments.
- Prepare records, schedules, and reports as requested by Accounting/Finance leadership.
- Help serve as a backup role in other areas for the accounting team.
- Perform special projects as needed and/or requested.
- Ensure GAAP compliance along with internal control for accounting activities and provide process improvements where needed.
- Stay up to date on current compliance requirements, best practices, and software skills.
- Perform excellent customer service with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Represent the Accounting/Finance team on appropriate cross-functional team(s) throughout organization.
- Participate in learning opportunities to enhance individual, team, and organizational performance.
- Provide guidance to internal customers to enhance communication of accounting and finance processes and workflows.
- Support the accounting and finance leadership of organization.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting required.
- ADP Workforce now experience preferred.
- Experience working with a Third Party Administrator (TPA) preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint).
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience in accounting in roles with progressive responsibility, with demonstrated financial accounting experience in non-profit organizations preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP and other compliance requirements.
- Previous experience in public accounting a plus.
- Experience in ERP systems and system upgrades a plus.
- Experience in payroll processing or electronic procure-to-pay functions a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills, and the ability to prioritize effectively in a team-oriented environment.
Our client offers competitive salaries and a robust benefits package.