Sr. Mgr., Accounting & Finance
Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is a growing international nonprofit with offices around the world. They are seeking a Senior Accounting Manager will oversee the entire department and its functions. This role reports directly to the Director of Finance and is a critical role to the organization. The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and accounting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting and year-end audit preparation and supporting the Budget Manager with budget and forecasting activities. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that field office financial management is consistent with headquarters and grant regulations, and that consolidation of this information is seamless.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Responsible for full cycle monthly accounting processes, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, overhead allocations, and reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Review monthly payroll and time allocations for all the offices, including taxes and withholdings.
- Support field office accounting and financial management and consolidate field office financial information.
- Work with external auditors to complete annual audit and Form 990.
- Work closely with Field Operations Managers to ensure timely financial reporting to local tax authorities.
- Liaison with auditors, vendors, and banking contacts.
- Assist with developing financial policies and procedures for HQ and filed office staff; and
- Provide analysis and meaningful insights of operating expenses.
- Support the finance and accounting team with the annual budget process.
- Perform annual analysis of calculations including country-specific benefits and taxes.
- Prepare appropriate financial schedules and reports as requested by Operations and Program Directors, for routine monthly management and for public view, such as the Annual Report and quarterly meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by Director, Finance and Accounting.
- Minimum of 8 years non-profit full-cycle accounting experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports.
- Knowledge of working with international NGOs (INGO).
- Ability to perform and prioritize competing projects and tasks with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and accounting software skills.
- Knowledge of MIP is preferred.
- Prior experience in Business Management preferred.
This role offers a robust benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.