Senior Staff Accountant
Location: DC Metro Area
Our education client is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join its team. The Senior Staff Accountant will report to the Chief Financial Officer and work under the day-to-day direction of the Senior Controller. The Senior Staff Accountant will be an integral part of a Business Office team. As part of this team, the Senior Staff Accountant will provide support to all accounting functions to help ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operations of the Business Office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Perform account reconciliations for banking and other balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly reports for department heads and other stakeholders
- Prepare journal entries and provide journal analysis
- Perform ad hoc accounting functions, including fixed assets reporting and credit card module oversight
- Assist with other accounting functions as needed when short-staffed or during periodic crunch times.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, OR a combination of education and professional experience equivalent to the same
- Proficiency in GAAP
- Extensive experience utilizing fully integrated financial software packages. Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge a plus
- Significant attention to detail and ability to hold confidential information in strict confidence
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Word and Excel), Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.) and other work platforms
- Experience working in a school setting a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
This role offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.