Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is a dynamic organization. They are actively searching for a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant is responsible for the preparation of journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, and reconciliations of domestic and foreign currency bank accounts. He/She will also prepare monthly roll-forward schedules, PBC items and gather documentation in preparation of the IRS form 990. The Staff Accountant will also assist the Senior Accountant in gathering data for tax, VAT and other compliance reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to oversight of the following areas:
- Prepare and enter daily, monthly, quarterly and/or yearly journal entries for financial statement reporting. Integrate information from various sources in the financial reporting system. Ensure accuracy of all entries.
- Reconcile general ledger and bank accounts on a monthly basis, performing research as needed and making recommended journal entries to balance accounts. Support budget managers by answering questions and providing explanations regarding financial statement inquiries and attend monthly budget reviews as requested.
- Prepare supporting documentation (e.g. schedules, etc.) and conduct any other preparatory analysis for the annual financial statement audit. Interact with external auditors as needed and ensure follow-up questions are answered in a timely manner.
- Support Senior Accountant in gathering required documentation to file monthly, quarterly and annual VAT reports for foreign operations and any other compliance or regulatory reporting needs.
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting or related field.
- 2-3 years general ledger maintenance with demonstrated success performing account reconciliations.
- CPA candidate preferred
- Organized and thorough with the ability to track and document in detail.
- Ability to meet recurring deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong math skills.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to be persistent and patient.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience using corporate accounting software (Great Plains, preferred).
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience using MS Word.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please respond for immediate consideration.