Location: DC Metro Area
Our dynamic non-profit trade association client is looking for an Staff Accountant to join its team. This position is responsible for reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval, coding and entering the invoices and all requests for payment into the accounting system in preparation for payment. Responsibilities also include for the preparation of schedules and reconciliations of accounts as they relate to duties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Process account’s payable invoices, employee expense reports, requests for advances and other disbursement related vouchers and requests for payment.
- Prepare vendor checks and other disbursements for processing including matching the check to the invoice, securing signatures and preparing the checks for mailing.
- Respond to inquiries regarding accounts payable; research and resolve any discrepancies and issues.
- Maintain vendor files including contact information, W-9s, electronic payment information, contracts, etc.
- Reconcile selected general ledger accounts and prepares adjusting general journal entries as related to duties, to assist in the month-end close.
- Prepare annual forms and work to ensure 1099 vendor maintenance.
- Calculate DC use tax and assist with monthly return filing.
- Maintain Fixed Assets database and monthly depreciation calculations.
- Teamwork: Demonstrating and promoting a spirit of cooperation within and outside work unit; working together toward a common goal; building good relationships with internal and outside work unit; building good relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Communication: Conveying written and oral communications effectively; negotiating and mediating effectively; sharing information; listening attentively, and responding appropriately.
- Initiative: Recognizing the need for action; confronting issues and taking appropriate action; pursuing an issue until the problem is solved.
- Developing Staff: Training, coaching and counseling others continually to improve; developing capabilities through formal and informal training and coaching; developing backup capabilities; helping direct reports in their pursuit of career goals.
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems affecting the work unit or U.S. Travel Association; taking early corrective action to avoid problems; generating new ideas and practical solutions.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in an Accounting related role
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Dynamics 365 Business Central is preferred but not required
This role offers a competitive salary and robust benefits package.