Location: DC Metro Area
Our client is a dynamic and growing non-profit organization in the DC metro area who is highly motivated to hire their next Staff Accountant. This role reports directly to the Controller and works under the Senior Accountant who is eager to train and mentor them. The individual would be a critical member of the Accounting and Finance team. The Staff Accountant will perform a variety of accounting/bookkeeping functions, with specific focus on general ledger accounts.. This position must adhere to the organizations’ Accounting Policies and Procedures manual in work performance and have fundamental knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
This organization offers a full and robust benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Perform day-to-day accounts payable and related cash disbursement functions. Ensure timely and accurate payment of all bills, reimbursement requests, and other expenses.
- Maintain accounts receivable and cash management ledgers by recording grants/contributions receivable invoices, apply/record related cash receipts and record other deposits.
- Maintain the expense reporting application, including review of credit card transactions and receipts submitted by cardholders and administer support to application end users.
- Record transactions per bank statements and investment statements.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, specifically for bank and credit card accounts.
- Maintain and update Fixed Assets system of record and schedule.
- Maintain and perform all bookkeeping functions within the loan management system for investment funds.
- Prepare and remit invoices to borrowers on a quarterly basis for interest billing and principal maturity notices in advance of due dates.
- Support and address inquiries from programs staff and other support services staff on proper processes and procedures.
- Assist with the annual audit, tax, and other regulatory filings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 – 3 years’ accounting experience, nonprofit experience preferred
- Experience using Sage Intacct Accounting or similar accounting software
- Investment management fund bookkeeping and accounting experience a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly convey information and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to adapt and commit to organizational culture, values, and norms